NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM A PRIZE. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE AN ENTRANT’S CHANCES OF WINNING.
OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) U.S. STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND PUERTO RICO WHO ARE AT LEAST EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OLD OR THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN HIS/HER JURISDICTION OF RESIDENCE, WHICHEVER IS OLDER, AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
The Walmart MoneyCard Prize Savings Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Green Dot Corporation (“Sponsor”), P.O. Box 5100, Pasadena, CA 91117-0100 and is administered by Sponsor and an independent agency retained by Sponsor (“Administrator”). Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, “Walmart”) do not sponsor or administer the Sweepstakes. Walmart is not responsible for the Sweepstakes or the administration of the Sweepstakes.
1. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins on May 1, 2019 at 12:00 AM Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on April 30, 2020 at 11:59:59 PM PT (“Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes consists of twelve (12) separate entry periods (each, an “Entry Period”) as set forth in the chart below:
||Start Date (at 12:00 AM PT)
||End Date (at 11:59:59 PM PT)
||Mail-In Entry Received By Date
||Random Drawing Date (on or about)
Entries are based on average daily balance during an entry period in the MoneyCard Vault. Sponsor’s computer is the official clock of the Sweepstakes.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is offered only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, who are at least eighteen (18) years old, or the age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence, whichever is older, at the time of entry. Employees of Sponsor, Administrator, and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliates, distributors, and companies involved in the implementation and execution of the Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes Entities”) are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. By participating in this Sweepstakes, an individual who meets the eligibility requirements, and enters the Sweepstakes, agrees to be bound by these official rules (“Official Rules”) and that the decisions of Sponsor shall be final and binding in all matters pertaining to the Sweepstakes.
3. HOW TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES: During the Sweepstakes Period, an entrant may enter using one (1) of the following two (2) methods:
- A. Transfer Funds from your Walmart MoneyCard Account to your MoneyCard Vault: During an Entry Period, an eligible entrant who is also an active Walmart MoneyCard account owner eligible to transfer funds, may transfer funds to his/her Walmart MoneyCard Vault by logging in to his/her Walmart MoneyCard account at secure.walmartmoneycard.com/login or using the Walmart MoneyCard App, and following the on-screen instructions to add money to his/her MoneyCard Vault. Number of entries will be calculated based on Average Daily Balance in the MoneyCard Vault for the Entry Period. The Average Daily Balance at the end of the Entry Period will equal the number of entries an entrant will receive in that Entry Period, rounded up to the nearest dollar. An entrant will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes (“MoneyCard Vault Entry”) for every One Dollar ($1.00) of their Average Daily Balance each Entry Period, up to a maximum of five hundred (500) entries for the current Entry Period. By transferring funds into the MoneyCard Vault at any point through the end of an Entry Period, the entrant hereby agrees to be bound by these Official Rules. An entrant who enters via their MoneyCard Vault must agree to the MoneyCard Vault terms & conditions before he/she can transfer funds to his/her MoneyCard Vault and participate in the Sweepstakes. The entrant must also agree to receive account information electronically, and verify his/her e-mail address prior to transferring funds to his/her MoneyCard Vault, if he/she has not previously done so. Walmart MoneyCard account customers can access their MoneyCard Vault using their existing WalmartMoneyCard.com or Walmart MoneyCard App log-in credentials.
- B. Mail-In Entry: To receive ten (10) entries into the current Entry Period of the Sweepstakes without being a Walmart MoneyCard account owner or without making a transfer to the MoneyCard Vault, an eligible entrant may hand-write his/her complete name (no initials), valid e-mail address, street address (P.O. Boxes not accepted), city, state, ZIP code, telephone number, date of birth (MM/DD/YYYY), and Entry Period on a 3½”x5” card (“Mail-In Entry”) and mail it with sufficient postage to: Walmart MoneyCard Prize Savings Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 251328, West Bloomfield, MI 48325. All Mail-In Entries must be postmarked no later than the End Date, and received on or before the Mail-In Entry Received By Date, as listed in Section 1 in order to be eligible for an Entry Period.
Mail-In Entries must be legibly hand-written. Mechanical reproductions, postage-due, Mail-In Entries mailed in an envelope or sent in excess of the entry limits set forth below will not be accepted. Mail-In Entries received without a verifiable and legible return address and e-mail address will be deemed incomplete and not valid entries.
Bonus Entries: Periodically during the Sweepstakes Period additional bonus entry opportunities will be available. Entrants should check www.WalmartMoneyCard.com (“Website”) periodically for bonus entry opportunities, instructions, and limits.
Entry Limit: Regardless of method of entry, the limit is five hundred (500) total entries per person during each Entry Period, except for any additional bonus entries available in an Entry Period, as described and limited at the Website. If more than the stated number of entries is received from the same person, e-mail address and/or MoneyCard account in an Entry Period, only the first five hundred (500) entries received in an Entry Period may be considered valid.
4. RANDOM DRAWINGS: On or about each Random Drawing Date listed in Section 1, the Administrator will randomly select nine hundred ninety nine (999) potential $25 additional cash prize winners (each, an “Additional Cash Prize Winner”), and one (1) potential “Grand Prize Winner” from among all eligible entries received during the applicable Entry Period. Each winner is deemed to be a potential winner pending verification of his or her eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules as determined by Sponsor, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. At the Sponsor’s discretion, a potential winner may not be awarded a prize for the following reasons: if their account is closed at the time of awards, if fraudulent activity has been detected on the account or if the account has been deemed a potential risk for fraud. Additionally, the Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant or potential prize winner who appears to be willfully engaging in unfair practices or attempts to game the system.
5. PRIZES, APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”), AND ODDS OF WINNING:
- A. Grand Prizes (1 per Entry Period, 12 total): Each Grand Prize Winner will receive $1,000 either: (i) deposited into his/her Walmart MoneyCard account (if he/she entered via MoneyCard Vault Entry) or (ii) in the form of a Walmart e-gift card emailed to the grand prize winner (if he/she entered via Mail-In Entry) (“Grand Prize”). Twelve (12) Grand Prizes will be available in the Sweepstakes – one (1) per Entry Period. The ARV of each Grand Prize is One Thousand Dollars ($1,000).
- B. Additional Cash Prizes (999 per Entry Period, 11,988 total): Each Additional Cash Prize Winner will receive $25 either: (i) deposited into his/her Walmart MoneyCard account (if he/she entered via MoneyCard Vault Entry) or (ii) in the form of a Walmart e-gift card emailed to the Additional Cash Prize Winner (if he/she entered via Mail-In Entry). Eleven Thousand Nine Hundred Eighty-eight (11,988) Additional Cash Prizes will be available in the Sweepstakes – nine hundred ninety nine (999) per each Entry Period. The ARV of each Additional Cash Prize is Twenty Five Dollars ($25).
- C. Total ARV: The total ARV of all prizes available in each Entry Period is Twenty Five Thousand Nine Hundred Seventy Five Dollars ($25,975). The total ARV of all prizes available in the Sweepstakes is Three Hundred Eleven Thousand Seven Hundred Dollars ($311,700).
- D. Odds of Winning: The odds of winning a prize depend upon the total number of eligible entries received for the applicable Entry Period.
- E. Prize Conditions: In no event will more prizes than are stated in these Official Rules be awarded. If, for any reason, more prize notifications are sent (or more claims are received), Sponsor reserves the right to award the intended number of prizes for the applicable prize level(s) in a random drawing from among all prize claims received for the applicable prize level(s). Limit of one (1) prize per person/household per Entry Period. No prize substitution or exchange will be allowed, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in case of unavailability of a prize or force majeure. All other costs and expenses not expressly set forth herein shall be solely the winner’s responsibility. The Sweepstakes Entities shall not be held responsible for any delays in awarding a prize for any reason. If, after a good-faith attempt, Sponsor is unable to award or deliver a prize, the prize may not be re-awarded.
6. HOW TO CLAIM A PRIZE: Potential winners are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Each potential winner will be notified by Administrator via e-mail within three (3) business days from the date of the Random Drawing with further instructions on how to claim his/her prize. Potential Grand Prize Winners will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (except where prohibited) and any other requested documents within three (3) calendar days from the date of attempted notification or the Grand Prize may be forfeited in its entirety and awarded to an alternate winner, at the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. If a notification e-mail or prize is returned as undeliverable, if a potential Grand Prize Winner fails to provide all required information and a signature on the documents within the stated time period, if a winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, the prize may be forfeited, and in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, the forfeited prize may be awarded to an alternate potential winner, selected in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries in the applicable Entry Period, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In the event that a cardholder’s account balance exceeds the maximum daily load or maximum balance due to addition of the prize, Sponsor will attempt to e-mail a Walmart e-gift card to the email address associated with his/her Walmart MoneyCard account. Upon verification of eligibility, each prize will be either: (i) automatically deposited into the winner’s Walmart MoneyCard account (if he/she entered via MoneyCard Vault Entry) or (ii) e-mailed to the winner at the e-mail address provided on his/her Mail-In Entry (if he/she entered via Mail-In Entry). Please allow 6-8 weeks for deposit/e-mailing of check. The Sweepstakes Entities shall not be held responsible for any delays in providing a prize for any reason. If, after a good-faith attempt, Sponsor is unable to provide or deliver a prize, the prize may not be awarded. Prizes are not transferable. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES IMPOSED ON THE ACCEPTANCE OF A PRIZE ARE SOLELY THE RESPONSIBILITY OF EACH WINNER. Sponsor will issue an IRS Form 1099-MISC for each Grand Prize Winner. Each prize will only be provided to a verified winner.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree the Sweepstakes Entities, Walmart, and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, website providers, Web masters and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, designees and agents (each, a “Released Party” and collectively, “Released Parties”) are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, postage due, or undeliverable email notifications or postal mail; or for any computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections or availability; or garbled, corrupt or jumbled transmissions, service provider/Internet/website/UseNet accessibility, availability or traffic congestion; or any technical, mechanical, printing, or typographical or other error; or unauthorized human intervention; or inaccurate capture of registration information; or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information. The Released Parties are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by any Website users, tampering, hacking or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, technical error, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to any Sweepstakes-related website(s). Released Parties are not responsible for any injury or damage, whether personal or property, to participants or to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Sweepstakes and/or accepting a prize. Released Parties shall not be responsible or liable for entries entered by any automated computer, program, mechanism or device; for any entries in excess of the stated limit; or for entries that are late, forged, lost, misplaced, misdirected, tampered with, incomplete, deleted, damaged, garbled or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules, and all such entries will, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, be disqualified.
If, for any reason, an entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or otherwise destroyed, corrupted or for any other reason not accepted as an entry in the Sweepstakes, entrant’s sole remedy is to enter the Sweepstakes again to receive another entry. If for any reason, Sponsor believes the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and/or proceed with the Sweepstakes, including the selection of winners in a manner it deems fair and reasonable. In addition, Walmart may require Sponsor to terminate the Sweepstakes for any reason. This Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees: (i) to be bound by these Official Rules and by all applicable laws and by the decisions of Sponsor and Administrator, which shall be binding and final; (ii) to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with respect to these Official Rules; (iii) to waive all of his or her rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against any of the Released Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes; and (iv) to forever and irrevocably agree to release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from any and all claims, lawsuits, judgments, causes of action, proceedings, demands, fines, penalties, liability, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable outside attorneys’ fees) that may arise in connection with: (a) the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, any Sweepstakes-related activity or element thereof, and the entrant’s entries, participation or inability to participate in the Sweepstakes; (b) the violation of any third-party privacy, personal, publicity or proprietary rights; (c) typographical or printing errors in these Official Rules or any Sweepstakes materials; (d) acceptance, receipt, delivery of, possession, defects in, use, nonuse, misuse, inability to use, loss, damage, destruction, negligence or willful misconduct in connection with the use of a prize (or any component thereof); (e) change in the prizing (or any components thereof) due to unavailability or due to reasons beyond Sponsor’s control, including, but not limited to, acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not such action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened or actual terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot or other cause beyond any of the Released Parties’ control, or as otherwise permitted in these Official Rules; (f) any interruptions in or postponement, cancellation or modification of the Sweepstakes; (g) human error; (h) incorrect or inaccurate transcription, receipt or transmission entry (including, without limitation, registration information or any parts thereof); (i) any technical malfunctions or unavailability of the Website or any telephone network, computer system, computer online system, mobile device, computer timing and/or dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or Internet service provider, or mail service utilized by any of the Released Parties or by an entrant; and (j) interruption or inability to access the Sweepstakes, the Website or any other Sweepstakes-related websites or any online service via the Internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems.
Without limiting the foregoing, everything regarding this Sweepstakes, including the Website and prize components, are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. Some jurisdictions may not allow the limitations or exclusions of liability for incidental or consequential damages or exclusions of implied warranties, therefore some of the above limitations or exclusions may not apply. Check local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding these limitations or exclusions.
8. DISPUTES: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF MICHIGAN, AND THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN OAKLAND COUNTY, MICHIGAN. IF THE CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM IS NOT OTHERWISE RESOLVED THROUGH DIRECT DISCUSSIONS OR MEDIATION, IT SHALL THEN BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES OR SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS THEREOF (“AAA RULES”). THE AAA RULES FOR SELECTION OF AN ARBITRATOR SHALL BE FOLLOWED, EXCEPT THAT THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE EXPERIENCED AND LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN MICHIGAN. ALL PROCEEDINGS BROUGHT PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH WILL BE CONDUCTED IN OAKLAND COUNTY, MICHIGAN. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES OR HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF. ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ANY ENTRANT AND/OR PROMOTION ENTITIES AND/OR ANY OTHER PARTY SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORTING TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION. ANY DEMAND FOR ARBITRATION MUST BE FILED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR FROM THE END OF THE PROMOTION, OR THE CAUSE OF ACTION SHALL BE FOREVER BARRED.
10. PUBLICITY RIGHTS: By participating in the Sweepstakes and/or accepting a prize, each entrant agrees to allow Sponsor, Walmart, and/or Sponsor’s designee the perpetual right to use his or her name, biographical information, photos and/or likeness, and statements for Sweepstakes, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes, at any time or times, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, including live television, worldwide, including but not limited to on the World Wide Web and Internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation except where prohibited by law.
11. GENERAL: Any attempted form of participation in this Sweepstakes other than as described herein is void. If it is discovered or suspected at Sponsor’s sole discretion that an entrant has registered or attempted to register more than once using multiple email addresses, multiple identities, proxy servers or like methods, all of that entrant’s entries will be declared null and void, and that entrant may be ineligible to win a prize. Also, if it is discovered that any entrant attempts to receive additional entries in excess of the stated limitation, that entrant will, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, be disqualified from the Sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winning entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address account used to submit such entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Sponsor and Administrator reserve the right to disqualify any individual found, in its sole opinion, to be tampering with the operation of the Sweepstakes, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike manner or with the intent to disrupt the normal operation of a Sweepstakes. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third-party or like methods to participate in the Sweepstakes may void any attempted participation effected by such methods and the disqualification of the individual utilizing the same. CAUTION AND WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE SWEEPSTAKES OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In the event of any conflict with any Sweepstakes details contained in these Official Rules, and Sweepstakes details contained in any Sweepstakes promotional materials (including, but not limited to, point of sale, television and print advertising, promotional packaging and other promotional media), the details of the Sweepstakes as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail.
12. WINNERS LIST: To obtain a list of winners, interested individuals should mail a self-addressed, stamped business-sized envelope in an envelope to: Walmart MoneyCard Prize Savings Sweepstakes – Winners List Request, P.O. Box 251328, West Bloomfield, MI 48325. Winners list requests must be received by June 29, 2020.
Sponsored by Green Dot Corporation, P.O. Box 5100, Pasadena, CA 91117-0100.
© 2019 Green Dot Corporation. All rights reserved.